Tips for healing your tattoo:
- Keep the protective plastic on the tattoo for a maximum of 3 hours after having it done.
- Wash your tattoo with warm water and unscented soap using the palm of your hand and avoid abrasive use of your fingertips, be sure to wash off excess paint, petroleum jelly and plasma.
- For 2 weeks, wash the area twice a day and apply a thin layer of healing cream or petroleum jelly (if you are not allergic).
- Do not apply any common moisturizer and cream during this period.
- Keep the tattoo clean from pet hair, dust, etc. to prevent infections.
- Do not wear tight or abrasive socks and fabrics over your tattoo as it heals.
- Do not touch, coach or scratch a healing tattoo.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, including hot tubs and saunas.
- Avoid exposure to the sun.
- Once your tattoo has healed, use sunscreen when exposing it to the sun or tanning of any kind (this increases the longevity of your tattoo).
- These instructions are just as important to the outcome of your tattoo as the tattoo process itself.